Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electronic Handbrake - DIY Repair possible?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 18th February 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Electronic Handbrake - DIY Repair possible?

Thanks for the replies there.

As for resetting the handbrake using the method above, I've already tried but the method you give is slightly different the the method I found elsewhere on this forum.

The other method made out to press and hold the start button for 5 seconds, then pull out and press the handbrake lever. This didn't work.

You make out to press and hold the start button for 5 seconds whilst pulling out and pressing the handbrake lever. I have just tried it and it doesnt seem to work but then maybe I'm doing it wrong somewhere.

Which method is right?

I've had a look under the car and found the unit. Absolutely covered in crap and salt off the road. No surprise these fail in the location they are. Putting sensitive electronics behind the rear wheel of the car is never a good idea... surely Renault should have thought about that

Cables look in perfect condition and the levers on the calipers aren't seized either. Just looks like the unit has given up, unless I can get this reset thing to work.

Regardless, It's booked in to a garage on Thursday. I'm fully prepared for a wallet raping.
Currently in mysterylemon's garage:
Scenic made of cheese
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome