Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

View Single Post
post #351 of (permalink) Old 20th February 2013
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Paul_Taylor
Re: Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

Originally Posted by SteveRob View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks to Paul Taylor I ordered (from the website) and received it today - its the complete unit except for the motor.
I already ordered the full cable kit, but with the window being stuck in the closed position and trying to do it by myself I didn't know how long it would take, so took the easy route and bought the Ebay complete one, I can keep the other one for another time.

The door handle screw is T25, the two at the bottom door edge are T15, I saw a post earlier in this thread saying they door handle is T15, its not this size on mine.

Good Stuff.
I think its worth it going for a whole assembly. After doing 2 previously with a cable kit. These can be a real pain. And on one i got once, the Pulley was wrong meaning i could never get the cable tight. But with a fully assembled kit, not an issue.
2 Year warranty too.

Yes, door handle is a T25, and T15 along the bottom of the door.
Remove Speaker cover, and remove speaker.
Pull off Black Cover on the inside of the door Mirror.
Then gently go around the door card with a large flat blade screwdriver and pop off all the clips.
Lift door card up 1" and then pull away from door by 2" only.
Unclip door handle cable.
Twist off bulb holder for light on the bottom of the door card.
Finally, pull out long Tab on Window Switch cable. The connector plug will then separate.

Use a 10mm spanner to remove nuts on Window mechanism.
NOTE. Replacement Window Mechanism has M6 holes in its top positions, where as the original has M6 studs.
Thus you will need TWO M6x10 bolts.
Currently in Paul_Taylor's garage:
96 Saab 9000 Aero 2.3T. 310bhp: 02 Laguna II 3.0 V6 24v Dynamique Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome