Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1081 of (permalink) Old 22nd February 2013
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 8 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

Just had a recorded delivery from Renault re the bonnet catch, they must be having another stab at it basically it's bad maintenance and or opening or closing it incorrectly and the owners fault, we have to ensure any mechanics that service our Clio's knows all about it and does the job correctly and the MOT tester checks it correctly, it warns of dire consequences to life car and limb if we don't it tells me there's a video and the latest Clio hand book on the Renault site to help me with this, Renault out of the goodness of their little harts will however check it yet again and replace any bits needed for free, all this faf would not be going on if there was not a problem in the first place "no smoke without fire" any way I will take it in again and see what if anything they do, but if it fails on the way home it's no doubt going to be my fault for failing to instruct the mechanic on how to do is job.
A master class in buck passing.

Who would design a vehicle that falls over when you stop?

If you find a fix for your problem please let us know it will help others.
Ralph Nr Fleetwood NW UK.
Currently in Ralph's garage:
Clio 15 DCi 80, Kawasaki W800, Yamaha MT-07, LMS 5MT 3 1/2 inch Gauge.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome