Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Over sensitive alarm - Renault Scenic Dci Privilege Monaco 2002

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Over sensitive alarm - Renault Scenic Dci Privilege Monaco 2002

I was away in Sheffield last night (200+ miles from home).

My girlfriend called me to say that it was raining hard and thundery at home and my Scenic (which I've only had since Saturday) alarm was going off all the time and then a whistling type noise was coming out of it when disarmed. It was parked on my drive at the time.

No matter what she tried (bless her for trying at all in pouring rain) it kept going off. My scenic (I don't know if this is common) auto locks and alarms after being left unlocked but unopened for more than 30 seconds.

It is now in my locked garage with the drivers door open and interior lights turned off awaiting my time to see if I can solve the problem - fat chance!

Is there any way to reduce the sensitivity of the alarm without having to take it to Renault?

I don't really want to restrict my use of the car to dry days, after all it isn't a cabriolet!

Any further advice would be welcome.
Currently in rcgreaves's garage:
Renault Scenic 1.9dci Privilege Monaco 2002
  5 Lastest Threads by rcgreaves
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Side Repeaters - Scenic MKI - PH II Exterior styling muppet 11 2889 23rd October 2006 06:30 PM
1.9 DCI Remap / Chip General tuning strawberry 55 20626 23rd October 2006 06:21 PM
Headlight Bulb Upgrade - Scenic Electronics Big Dav 21 5030 23rd October 2006 06:18 PM
Over sensitive alarm - Renault Scenic Dci... Electronics rcgreaves 4 2287 20th October 2006 03:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome