Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Law on using satnav on your phone...

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 24th February 2013
Brummy Exile
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Law on using satnav on your phone...

Originally Posted by KevzJD View Post
I understand what you're saying but the the phone was not to my ear, it was just in my hand and I was listening to the instructions so I think there's a big difference there as It wasn't distracting me at all.
It appears to have escaped your notice, but most non-disability cars are designed to be operated with two hands and one or more feet.

The law assumes that if you are using one hand to do something other than operate the car then you are not fully in control of your vehicle. The same would apply if you were holding a pork pie, a drink or fondling your girlfriend (I plead guity to all three - but not at the same time!).

Appeal by all means, but you will find the magistrate holds this point of view. You will incur costs and the fixed penalty may actually be increased.

None of us are perfect. I am not trying to score points or be clever. You are in denial on this issue. I find this quite alarming but perhaps not surprising.

Have a long think about this, recalibrate your driving style and have a long, safe and uneventful driving career.
Currently in Brummy Exile's garage:
Fiat Doblo 1.4 Dynamic 2008, Mercedes B200 CDI Sport 2014
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brummy Exile For This Useful Post:
KevzJD (24th February 2013), VelSatisfied (24th February 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome