Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 2 cc roof locking mechanism problem

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th February 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane 2 cc roof locking mechanism problem

I really hope this is the right topic to ask this.....
After looking for one for a long time, i have found a 2005 Megane cc 2.0 t that i like. There is only one problem with it: the roof somwhow does not seem to lock properly. It does, but i think its a bit off. On the right side, where the locking mechanism is, at the top of the windshield, i can see that the lock itself is unevenly worn on one side, and on a bumpy road it gives out some hideous creaks that are too loud to be dismissed. Other than that the roof works fine, altough it does crack a bit when it touches the windshield as it closes. Adding to that, on the same side, the rear window leaks a bit after going through an automatic car wash.

Can you guys give me some advice if this kind of problem is easy to fix, or should i avoid this car entirely? Or putting it another way, is there a way to fix these kinds of damages once and for all, or not? I dont want to change the whole roof.
Fix, or flee?

Thanks a lot!
Currently in Pulas's garage:
Megane cc
  5 Lastest Threads by Pulas
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane 2 cc roof locking mechanism problem Bodywork Pulas 0 923 26th February 2013 06:07 AM
Difference between 2.0 dci engine variants General tuning coup 3 3784 22nd November 2012 10:33 PM
Looking for advice Cars & motoring Pulas 3 768 14th November 2012 11:54 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome