Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - fitting wireless parking sensors

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 27th February 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: fitting wireless parking sensors

Without a pic,I cant really visualise the problem..
I understand what you mean ,I think in having a "top hat"washer in the sense of a washer that will sit just under the sensor and also have a cylinder and an end piece with a hole in for power to the sensors.
Just on a guess.. ,a "top hat" washer that is just larger than the diameter of the sensor and say 1 mm longer to allow for the thickness of the bumper.

When you say how disabled are you?
If you are fitting these yourself,presumably you have to drill holes n the like for a good fit on the sensors as is.

If there is a problem with metal bits behind the sensors that may interfere with a wireless signal,you might have to wrap the sensors in ,I dunno something like a copper or aluminium mesh,like what is used in bodyfiller kits..and leave a hole at the end for the wireless signal.

Perhaps,if you cant find the exact cover you want ,you might be able to cobble something together using wire mesh and "silicone sealer".the tubes of stuff they use for sealing around baths,kitchen units n the like.
It will seal/isolate but on smooth surfaces like plastic/metal it can be peeled off easily.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome