Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Heating and Cooling - Cold air on drivers side

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 28th February 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Heating and Cooling - Cold air on drivers side

Originally Posted by Graham2004 View Post
HI Guys

Just to give you an update, booked my car into a garage as they had a camera on a probe to see if they could resolve the problem with heat coming out of passenger side but not on drivers side. Their only conclusion was that one of the flaps was stuck (although kind of knew that anyway ) and that the repair would be uneconomical as the dash would need to be removed.

If anyone has any ideas of perhaps a garage in the Essex area who are better capable of tackling this kind of problem, please let me know. Would be happy to travel further as long as they only need it for one day.

I had similar problem, on a 2006 2.0DCi Privilege, only difference was the driver side was warm, passenger was cold.

After reading various threads on here, I found a fitter willing to look at the control panel (there is a thread regarding dodgy wiring in the control unit)

He took it apart for me, and found no dodgy connections, but wires had actually been rubbing on the circuit board and damaged it, he did a solder repair, and all works fine.. charge, he asked me for a crate of beer (that's how quick the job was !!)

If you can't find a fitter that is happy with that kind of work, maybe find a replacement control unit from a scrappy, guess it would be a few quid, and if it doesn't fix it, at least you have tried

BTW: Hi all, this is my first post here (i think) although I've owned lagunas since 2000 (I'm a lurker)

Currently in cpuleston's garage:
2006 Laguna 2.0dci Privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome