Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Change car now?

Thread: Change car now?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th February 2013 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Change car now?

Things are slightly different in the UK but

My Megane is 2 years old ..oh woe

Right now..(new car sales are down the toilet here btw) Ive recieved a special VIP invite to the dealer that sold my car.
I and anyone else who bought a car there in the last 10 years I assume.
The dealership will be shut down from Thur 7th mar to Sun 10th march so all cars on site can be repriced with the special VIP dealer discount. On top pf that there will be the manufacturer discount of 2500.

If I contact them Ill get my special VIP pass and appointment.

Im so excited!..There might even be free scones n tea.

Seriously tho: I would think on an absolute best case scenario I could get a brand new same spec ..(well actually leather steering wheel and built in cc are a no cost option..they must have read my posts here ) , for 2700 optimistically.. the other end of that would be 3700.

Maybe even 3700 is optimistic ..if it is ill just take the scones n tea.
Lets say 3600 or approx 150 pm of like Id leased a car for 2 years.?

Some added info:
Here they arent selling anything other than 1.5dci megs or 1.2 petrol.also anything other than the basic 1.5 90bhp isnt a consideration for the above scenario.

Id be more interested in the 1.6 130bhp dci,but theyre not going to bother with that here it seems and anyway the huge cost jump ,forget it.

What else:.The "new" car would come with a 5 year guarantee,present one has one year left of 3 years.

Next option would be a UK import of a 1.6 Meg III dci in say 3 years time:Cost to me about 4-5k Id estimate.if I have the cash etc etc..

Course by then the new Meg IV will be out

Then again if the lotto comes thru,I might just get a Mclaren P1 yer heart out Rowan Atkinson!with the old Mclaren and The Veyron is so common now.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 28th February 2013 at 10:59 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by coup
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cheese factory explosion in France Jokes & funny stuff coup 0 187 6th July 2016 07:48 AM
Meg 3 fuel flap Electronics A55ii 4 209 1st July 2016 09:11 AM
conflict resolution, zohan method YouTube coup 0 249 8th March 2016 08:26 PM
Our Babs..sorry I missed a couple of o's Jokes & funny stuff Dancingdad 4 310 2nd March 2016 10:12 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome