Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to repair a broken Fuel Flap Solenoid

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
How to repair a broken Fuel Flap Solenoid

This might save you some cash
I was unable to remove the road wheel as the garage had done it up too tight, I broke the wheel wrench trying. With the car jacked up I could see three nuts one alan head scree on the left and one large plastic disk left back.
I was able to remove the solenoid by disconnecting the wires and rotating the solenoid while pushing the pin in (I was able to open the flap). When the solenoid was opened I found that the plastic drive pin had broken away from the emergency release pull pin it had broken into 3 pieces and was jammed I checked that the motor was still working. After cleaning all the parts I glued it back together using 5 minute epoxy (two part liquid) when dry I sanded all sides with a fine grade paper. Next I got a Philadelphia cheese lid and cut two pieces to run down each side (dont put anything on the top or bottom) and glued these on using the epoxy. Once dry I cleaned them up with a scalpel and sanded the edges.
You then have to file the housing to allow the slightly bigger pin to fit make sure it has room to move freely. Put the unit back together with some grease. All I need to do now is buy a new wrench and go back to the garage to get the wheel nuts loosened and re-tightened with a torque wrench and refit the solenoid. How do you get those plastic pins in the liner out?

Can anyone tell me what the black box mounted just below the solenoid is?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pin1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	18366   Click image for larger version

Name:	pin2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	18367  
Currently in Martman's garage:
02 laguna

Last edited by Martman; 4th March 2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: errors
  5 Lastest Threads by Martman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Buzzer Electronics tonytango 1 658 21st May 2014 07:56 PM
Exactly where is the reversing buzzer Electronics Martman 1 721 17th May 2014 11:01 PM
How to repair a broken Fuel Flap Solenoid Bodywork Martman 0 1898 4th March 2013 06:50 PM
How to remove wheel arch to gain access to fuel... Bodywork Martman 4 2333 2nd March 2013 04:49 PM
Noise from air con Heating & cooling planmeca 2 846 30th December 2012 06:21 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome