Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Change car now?

Thread: Change car now?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 6th March 2013 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Change car now?

Heh really if it isnt a "we give you full 5 year warranty samey as if you had it from new " no 400 will be forthcoming.
The 5 year standard guarantee was brought in here in 2012 ,just as the 4 year one was in the UK.
Here they were 5 year guaranteeing 2011 cars for most of the year 2012. 2012 models didnt go thru the pipeline until dec 2012/Jan 20i3
Also I will drop in there on the way home tomorrow just to chat about VIP offers ,the 3000 mile free diesel offer and the 0% finanance offer.

0% finance has allways been a personal "wth" of mine and why its allowed.
Its likeI said on the phone todaythe guy offered to do 0% finance on the 7k..)
"Isnt that like where the customer gets charged full list price ".
Salesman:"Oh no nothing like that"
My understanding of it has allways been the "cash price" discount is still extent.. but because you are getting a loan for the full amount(list price).. or to make the deal up to the full list price.
The surplus gets shared out in 3 ways

Lets say the actual amount is more like 5000
A.Mother Teresas finance company whose employees recieve no salary, and who also have a stock of cash to lend at negative interest ,get say 1k.,a charitable donation

B. Dealership gets say 700 facilitation allowance on the charitable donation

C.Honest Arthur(the guy on the phone) gets 300 for being an all round good egg..

btw Renault finance here is actually Bank of Ireland..a crowd that has been bailed out for billions by..basically Irish people.

Call me cynical but does anyone really believe in .you "the customer" getting 0% finance?
Perhaps its different in the UK.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome