Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Change car now?

Thread: Change car now?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2013 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: Change car now?

I was in at the dealer today.
The 7000 euro/6000 ,I didnt bother enquiring about,Im fairly sure now he was quoting on the next model up which has a 2800 euro higher list price.

He ,aside from looking for more deal cash,probably couldnt follow someone trading in for the same model with a comparatively low mileage.
Im sure its done ok but anyway I didnt bother talking to the sales guy.
The discounts were around 10% off used and new prices from what I could see.+ then this 3500 on "certain models"

For the equvalent of 300 the guarantee would be extended for a further 2 years ..same terms/items covered with one exception>(for the 300 deal)
The mileage cant be over 60k (to continue the guarantee) end year 3/80k year 4.
At present its covered for 3 years /100k

That certainly doesnt look like a prob :0.
If it was sold on to a hi mileage rep or might be.
They also do a 1 year extension(to UK standard new guarantee) for a bit less.

Also have to get door check strap replaced under guarantee(part on order )

Essentially its like spreading a hi mileage drivers 3 year guarantee over 5 years,sort of and also means being locked in to renault servicing for that time,even if not legally,it would end up that way in practice.

Edit :Yes I also got coffee and cookies even tho not an official suck.. er I mean VIP. The showroom windows were all blacked off and "VIP week" was emblazoned everywhere++ music ..flashing lights inside the entrance and 2 very large black flower pots with flames coming out of them.
(A triangle of orangey translucent material, blown upwards by a fan inside the flower pots.

No "young wans" draped over car bonnets or anything,(the fake tan plays havoc with the showroom polish)
The Female staff did have their highest heels on tho and were dressed appropriately.
ie if they worked anywhere else they would be filing a descrimination claim about what they had to wear.
I didnt mind at all.

Continental motor shows.. who needs em.

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.

Last edited by coup; 8th March 2013 at 04:12 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome