Independent Renault Forums banner

handbrake fault

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  viki 
#1 ·
hand brake sticks on and comes up on the dashboard handbrake fault, need help solving this problem

#2 ·
Our Nov.2007 Grand Scenic [with 25000 miles] ELECTRIC handbrake has just recently flashed up a 'Handbrake Fault - please check'. We now hear a probable rotating cogwheel grating noise from under back seats as the brake applies BUT ONLY ON A SLOPE NOT ON THE LEVEL. The brake continues to function perfectly OK. Local Renault dealer checked and found no fault and reset the computer - £50 charge. Their comment 'If problem recurs you will need a new computer!!! Cost £700+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
This I cannot believe - any others know of a simple and sensible solution for this MECHANICAL problem?
After 1 week problem returned but only intermittently.

#4 ·
hi there

how did you get this done i have a 2005 grand scenic an am having problems with my handbrake seizing, a mechanic i no was able to unseize it twice, but dont no how long it will work for an the fault light is on too.
im phoning renault in the morning to see if it needs to b recalled but if not id been very interested to no how u were able to get a manual handbrake in an were is it situated?
were did you get it done too i live in dundonald myself

#5 ·
Re: CHANGE ELECTRICK TO MANUAL

how did you get this done i have a 2005 grand scenic an am having problems with my handbrake seizing, a mechanic i no was able to unseize it twice, but dont no how long it will work for an the fault light is on too.
im phoning renault in the morning to see if it needs to b recalled but if not id been very interested to no how u were able to get a manual handbrake in an were is it situated?

#6 ·
Re: CHANGE ELECTRICK TO MANUAL

please email me isaacbroome@hotmail.com for details on manual handbrake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.