Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Car Wrap - Colour Change Opinions

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 13th March 2013
Renoir White
Platinum Member located in the UK
Technical Supremo
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 32
Thanked 1,446 Times in 1,201 Posts
Re: Car Wrap - Colour Change Opinions

A friend of mine drives a black taxi in London. He's always had his cabs fully wrapped with advertising.....but curiously they will only do this on Black paintwork only (if you've a different colour the cabs can only carry door panel ads)...the paintwork has to be perfect.....and after the advertising contract has expired and the wrapping is removed they respray the whole cab again (but I don't know why..whether it lifts paint or if it leaves a dull finish etc). Incidentally my friend didn't have any issues with the vinyl lifting, and being a taxi it was always being jet washed in the petrol stations every few days.
I was watching on TV just a few nights back on Quest channel where they showed a car being vinyl wrapped (How do they do it? I think its called). As they often repeat programs you might catch it again or check out You Tube. The guy in the program unscrewed and removed all parts that were not to be covered and used 4 sheets of vinyl ie centre roof and down each side doors / bonnet and wings / tailgate and wings.
Definitely a skilled task.
Currently in Renoir White's garage:
Renault Trafic 1.7 Petrol Vauxhall Astra 1.4i & in bits Triumph Bonneville T140E & H-D XLH1200

Last edited by Renoir White; 13th March 2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: added info
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome