Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1099 of (permalink) Old 13th March 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
The above post is the type which really annoys me...

Renault can't really win here; if they do nothing, they are accused of negligence and placing customers (and others) in danger due to a poor design creating the risk of a bonnet flipping open & striking the screen. (check the forums and you'll find plenty of examples)

Yet if they do something about it - people moan that their time has been wasted....

Not having a 'pop' at anyone in particular, but at the end of the day, the manufacturer is doing what is humanly possible to rectify a situation. I used to hear the same stuff spouted when I worked for Ford.

Don't know why it annoys you.

I am reporting back on what the Renault dealer has done. They oiled it!

They haven't changed anything and I have no proof that I have had it checked by them in case something happens in the future and I have to refer back.

Basically I could have oiled it myself and there would be no difference.

I have a Mazda. When that went in for a safety check a reference label was attched to the bulkhead and the service book was annotated. The Renault franchised dealer (who I won't name) did not do the same and that's what I'm criticising.

I'm sorry you don't aprove of my critisism, I thought that's what forums such as this are for - to share experiences with others.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome