Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Car Wrap - Colour Change Opinions

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 13th March 2013
d'espace between my ears
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Car Wrap - Colour Change Opinions

i have seen a car being wrapped, in gold carbon fibre effect wrap. OK it sounds awful but it actually looked quite good when done, and certainly made the car stand out from the crowd. The wrap cost about 800, IIRC.

The material used is very clever, it can be stretched or shrunk around curves, into scoops etc. The panel is sprayed with a releasing agent prior to wrapping which allows the film to be lifted an re-positioned as required. A slight texture in the underside of the film then allows any air bubbles to be rubbed out, and allows the releasing agent to evaporate. Once it has done, the film is pretty much permanent. It doesn't lift, flake, chip or crack if done properly. All done in around two hours.

As previously mentioned, the paintwork needs to be sound and smooth. Any existing stone ships will need to be filled with a hi build primer or similar and rubbed smooth. Even the slightest imperfection in the paintwork will show through the wrap.

Dark was that day when Diesel conceived his grim engine that begot you, vile invention...metallic monstrosity, bale and bane of our Culture, chief woe of our Commonwealth.
Currently in d'espace between my ears's garage:
Nothing French!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome