Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - RLaguna First time posting :D

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd October 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
RLaguna First time posting :D

First posting here, so it would be unfair for me to mark an option without airing my problem

I registered before i had a problem tbh, and this morning i found that when i went to unlock the car (using the remote plip'er type key thingie) i didn't get my indicator flash nor the sound of locks i inittially had two thoughts.
One) the battery is dead in my remote (range has been diminishing somewhat over the last few months, but i went out for a ride last night, and range was a good solid 10ft everytime)... so i thought it must be
Two) The car battery is dead.

I unlocked manually, and tried to start the car and nothing.
Anyways, i just bought a battery charger and connected the battery, but it apparantly has 50% charge in the battery.

I'm assuming that isn't enough?
With the fans and lights off, the Aux panel lights up, and the fuel guage flickers...but that's as far as it gets.

I'll leave the battery on trickle til tomorrow and connect it up there, but it just seems odd that i went out last night and today it won't start. (Odd in the sense i didn't leave a light/radio/anything on that could drain the battery).

I'm hoping this will be one part of the problem rectified, i say one part, because of course when you disconnect the battery for some time, you then have to input the radio code which i don't have.

If it's not one thing...... [sigh]

Anyways, thanks for reading to the end
And thanks in advance
Currently in Warden's garage:
99 Renault Laguna 1.6 16v
  5 Lastest Threads by Warden
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How much colder..... General Chat leroy 5 1038 4th November 2006 11:55 PM
Hey All. Welcome to RenaultForums scen1c 4 683 22nd October 2006 01:29 PM
RLaguna First time posting :D Electronics davesss 13 2052 22nd October 2006 01:27 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome