Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1101 of (permalink) Old 13th March 2013
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

Originally Posted by JuniorGeek View Post
Don't know why it annoys you.

I am reporting back on what the Renault dealer has done. They oiled it!

They haven't changed anything and I have no proof that I have had it checked by them in case something happens in the future and I have to refer back.

Basically I could have oiled it myself and there would be no difference.

I have a Mazda. When that went in for a safety check a reference label was attched to the bulkhead and the service book was annotated. The Renault franchised dealer (who I won't name) did not do the same and that's what I'm criticising.

I'm sorry you don't aprove of my critisism, I thought that's what forums such as this are for - to share experiences with others.
You were sharing your experience, and so was I.

At the end of the day, a sticker placed under the bonnet only means it was oiled/greased on that day - unlike a cambelt change (or some other item with a recognised service life), it really is the owner (or their servicing agent's) responsibility to ensure it operates safely from this point forward.

Having worked for a manufacturer, I know that it is a thankless task whereby one-off failures are seen as premature & due to a manufacturing defect, and failures that affect commonly-shared components are seen as a 'known concern/issue' - either way, the customer uses those arguments to absolve themselves of the responsibility which comes from owning & operating their own vehicle.

I'm sorry your time was wasted by the dealer, and by myself in prompting you to reply.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome