Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.9dCi No Turbo Boost/Limp Mode*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 14th March 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: laguna II 1.dci - what to do next?

Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Ideally you need to have the fault codes checked and the live data read from the ECU ,but getting that done tomorrow is unlikely to happen.

As it's going into limp mode it's more than likely a turbo boost pressure fault,either over-boost,under-boost,or a sensor telling the ECU that either is happening misleadingly.

I'd start by checking the vacuum pipes to the boost controller and the boost pressure sensor.They can fill up with carbon and cause a similar fault.It would also be worth checking for boost pressure leaks around the pipe work between the turbo ,intercooler and inlet manifold.Check the intercooler it's self too,early ones had a tendency to split/expand although your car is later and should have the updated intercooler fitted to prevent this from happening.

The fact that there is a damaged thread on the EGR valve isn't ideal,but I doubt that enough boost pressure is leaking from the joint to cause any problems,the other two bolts should hold it in place perfectly fine.
Hello there,

I am new to this forum.

Kindly help, my 03 Laguna II was parked(unused) for some months and 3 weeks ago when I tried to use it I discovered it was difficult to move and the maximum RPM I got when I rev it was about 2,000.

I serviced it( Oil Change, Oil and Diesel Filter) and changed the Turbo but still there was no improvement.

Please find below the result of my diagnostic test on it with BOSCH ESI[tronic];

I am thinking of where to start... EGR , Turbo , Waste Gate Inspection, Mass Air Flow Meter etc. Also if I may ask, is there any specific relay or Fuse for the Turbo ?

I just bought the Haynes Manual yesterday.

Many thanks
Currently in Laciotat's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi & 2007 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome