Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Anyone from the North-West?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 22nd October 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Jesstiggs View Post
Leroy has suggested I re-post my problem here, will copy/paste from the Engine forum.

I bought a V reg RXE Estate today (yesterday now) (16V petrol engine, manual), when I test drove it a couple of days ago it was fine, today I drive it home and when I go into third gear the engine starts to race, by the time I`m in 5th its racing away altho doesn`t seem to be acceleration as the car doesn`t want to go faster, just sounds like it needs to be in a higher gear.

Someone has suggested to me it may be a slipping clutch, tho having read a thread here on that it doesn`t sound the same.

I live in Salford, I did what Lereoy said and put the car in first, hand brake as tight as I could and tried to pull away, the car stalled.

I got it privately so have no recourse to a warranty etc.

Hoping someone can help me out.

If you only bought it yesterday, you do have some recourse. C A B should be able to advise you on that. I think you might even find some relative info on ad-free, free to use, Consumer Revenge! or google the problem.

Assuming, of course, that the problem wasn't pointed out to you before you bought the car.

Assuming also that your vendor hasn't migrated in the meantime leaving no forwarding address.

Get on to it straight away or you lose your rights.

EDIT: This is what it says:

With private sellers it***8217;s ***8216;buyer beware***8217;

However buy second hand goods from private sellers and you***8217;ve only a right that the product is correctly described and the owner has the right to sell it. Here it***8217;s caveat emptor or let the buyer beware. If the buyer says nothing and no description and you buy it ***8211; then that***8217;s it ***8211; even if it doesn***8217;t do what you thought it may ***8211; you were not missold.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by vass20; 22nd October 2006 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Update
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome