Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Frozed fuel filler pipe in Master?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th March 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Frozed fuel filler pipe in Master?

Today (and yesterday) we suffered two very hard late-winter days in Hungary. Our new Renault Master (dci 150) started to go Germany, but it had to wait in a highway in a frozen wind about 12 hours. The ambient temperature was about minus 7 grades (Celsius). Most of the time the heater ran only, sometime the motor ran as well to save the accu. When the road became free we went forward to the first petrol-station and tried to fill the tank. What we was surprised we could not_more_than 3 liters diesel oil to fill in a tank (as I think the pipe only?!). The fuel was about half consumed from the tank. This small van has a 100 liters tank, and was in 50 liters! It happened at the last midnight. We tried to fill the tank this morning again but it was same. Today is a national holyday and the Renault Assistance promised help only Monday. (I have to look for is in order. . .) We turned back to Budapest and here miracle happened, the fault is disappeared, we could fill more than 50 liters diesel oil to the tank. We always/exclusively buy Shell's fuel. What could be happen? I do not believe in magic, may be starting so to Frankfurt with this car?
Currently in KJanos's garage:
Master dci 150, BMW330xd
  5 Lastest Threads by KJanos
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Frozed fuel filler pipe in Master? Cars & motoring Ralph 7 1203 15th March 2013 09:19 PM
Introduction Welcome to RenaultForums IT66 4 581 15th March 2013 08:01 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome