Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Frozed fuel filler pipe in Master?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 16th March 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Frozed fuel filler pipe in Master?

Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Wounder if it was the breather system for the tank that was frozen and so causing a air lock?
Thank you Ralph, I was afraid it could be the problem, but is it possible so lock the very thick filler pipe without breathing the tank. The 3-4 liters oil could be go in for hours not belching but (slow) leaking. I think you are right! The filler pipe (about 2 inch thick) joins to the tank approximately 3-4 inch high from the bottom of the tank. When we realized the lock, the oil level in the tank must be above the feed pipe, so the filler pipe was full of fuel at same level.
While the water is denser, in the resting car the water should be at the bottom of the tank. (possible frozen?) The fuel pump suchs the fuel from the lower part of the tank of course and the car did not recognized any water in the fuel system. (The car has water_ recognize sensor, but fortunately we never seen such a signal for today). So I could not imagine that the tank had 3-4 inch ice at the bottom in an absolutely horizontal staying car. Unfortunatelly I never seen where is the upper end of the breathing pipe, I will look for. . .
Currently in KJanos's garage:
Master dci 150, BMW330xd

Last edited by KJanos; 16th March 2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added one more sentence. . .
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome