Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - wiper trouble and bad idleing / 94 clio

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 22nd October 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Sounds like the rain has got to it. If you have had to change fuses for the same problem you should have identified why the fuse had blown. It is there to protect your electrics and will blow when too much load is put on it. I suspect you may have changed it without identifying the problem and if the rear motor was creating the load through gradual seizing, it may well have seized completely now and burned itself out, in which case you need to source a replacement.

It could also be a problem at the switch (stalk) but my bet would be the rear wiper motor. Take it out and try it with a direct 12 volt supply; if it turns ok, it is not the culprit so you'll need to trace back the cables that supply and return to ground. If you don't have a meter, improvise with a spare 12 volt bulb and some bits of wire but be careful you don't short anything and cause a fire.

In the interest of safety, if you are not at least a little bit savvy, try and get some help.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. I hope you find it a friendly place to air your views about your Renault. We are all members who happened to find this site just as you did and have stayed on to share our experiences with others who come along.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome