Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Water Leak Into Car,Possible Fix

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th March 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Re: Renault Scenic - Water Leak Into Car,Possible Fix

After following the advice above i checked out both the front & rear sunroofs, the seals are ok & both drainage holes were clear and allowing the water through.

From there i moved on to the drainpipe itself which finishes under the wheel arch, to get to it you have to remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the arch with a alan key. From there i used the claw end of a hammer just to prise the lower part of the arch away from the wing.

After a couple of minutes i became a little confused as to why i couldn't see the hose, (it's white) so i used a screw driver to poke around only to find what i thought was some form of seal to actually be 4' by 6' wall of mud. I removed it and the hose came into sight. Once i had cleared the excess i ran my garden hose over it just to clean up any mud still left in the corners.

After about 5 seconds a large amount of water came flooding out for about 10 - 15 seconds. At a guess i'd say that this was the cause of my problem. Ive now soaked up the vast majority of water with towels in both the front and back wells and seem to be drying out nicely.

The best advice i could give is remove the little black cap off the end of the hose as i found this to hinder the water flow anyway & to be honest don't quite understand what Renault we're thinking when they applied it. Pointless!

I guess only time will tell now after a nights rain to see if the problem reoccurs.

Fingers crossed
Currently in o0RDJ0o's garage:
1.9 DTI Scenic (1999)
The Following User Says Thank You to o0RDJ0o For This Useful Post:
artdriver (28th December 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome