Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How do I remove bumper trim on Espace

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2013
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: How do I remove bumper trim on Espace

After checking your other post:
I see you have a new sensor.
Post a pic of it if you would its fairly easy to post one.

Also a pic ofyour Espace close up on the sensor.

The bumper trim: Ive no idea what it looks like on an Espace or where the front sensors are situated.
Im not "sensor man" or anything but I do have rear ones on my megane..I can get at the back of the outer ones and maybe if I had to the inner ones ,by bending the bumper from below,but it would be a contortion job. have to be able to get at the back of the sensors to remove them,whether by taking off the whole bumper or doing "ow ow my finger is caught" contortions.
Thats not 100% true of course, if you dig a screwdriver or even two in around the outer lip from the outside you should get one out but probably break the sensor retaining rawlplug like clips, without doing damage to the bumper.
It would help to know exactly which sensor was fooked.

Anyway back to you

See how difficult it is to:

1.remove umdertrays/other underbody item so that you can see the back of the sensors from below.

2.Check to see how difficult it is to remove the whole front plastic section that houses the sensors.(should be just one wiring connector serving all front items)

3.If you can like just barely get access to the connectors for each sensor from behind erhaps you could connect up your new sensor to different connections and see which one needs to be replaced.(leave it hanging free and wave your hand close to it or similar).

4. if your really sure which sensor is dead and cant get at the back of them easily.Perhaps dig it out, if you can avoid damage to the bumper itself,or at least damage that wouldnt be covered by the sensors front lip.

Then replace.
Something like that is what Id try

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome