Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - All going Chinese! Who makes what now?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2013 Thread Starter
Banned User
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
All going Chinese! Who makes what now?

I need to replce the O'S/lower balljoint on my Scenic, so was going to do just the actual balljoint which is available on it's own. It needs pressing out, which means taking the arm off the car anyway so I decided to replace the whole arm including balljoint.

Genuine Renault - bit pricey, so I looked at Delphi and Febi Bilstein thinking that they were credible manufacturers of OEM parts. Both have been bought by the Chinese and OK, it's possible that the quality is still good, but it has put me off. How do I know whether they are made any better than the stuff that gives the term 'Chinese made' a bad name?

Even Delphis quality statement simply says that their standards make them suitable for replacement parts. Not exactly OEM is it?

What do you chaps think of non Renault suspension parts? Who makes Renault parts anyway?
  5 Lastest Threads by YOY
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
All going Chinese! Who makes what now? Cars & motoring YOY 12 2004 24th March 2013 07:07 PM
Advice wanted on phone fraud if possible. General Chat YOY 14 2524 20th March 2013 07:05 PM
Fancy a Jag....? I did. General Chat YOY 43 6199 17th March 2013 07:13 PM
Can you make a standard HP printer wireless? Computer Club sfuk 31 13576 23rd December 2012 07:07 PM
Would a faulty TDC sensor affect idle and running? Engines YOY 21 6858 23rd December 2012 09:23 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome