Independent Renault Forums banner

Megane mk3 wing mirrors

9K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Renault-Megane-Mk3-2010 
#1 ·
Hi all, does anyone know if the Megane mk3 wing mirrors fit the coupe version, or are these a different part?

#3 · (Edited)
As above, I think they are the same,look the same when parked side by side.
You can buy aftermarket chromed wing mirror covers for meg III and there is no (select coupe,sports tourer or whatever)
Internals might be different depending on the cars spec ?..(auto folding or heated).
The removal and refit procedures are the same for the III body styles B D and K 95 and the dimensions are the same.J 95(scenic) seems to have the same type w mirrors also.

#6 ·
Unfortunately the plastic base that attaches the mirror to the door has a big hole in it where the casing hit it during the impact. No real damage to the case or the actual mirror - although both were detached and I had to re-assemble the unit. So I'm going to need a full mirror.

Not good, but it needs fixing :(

I'll let you know what the dealer says.

#9 ·
Well, priced up a new one from Renault, £240+VAT, so I opted to buy one from eBay that needed a little work, cost me £25 for the broken mirror plus £8 for a g-clamp to mend it, job done, now have a fully working (and not broken) mirror. Best thing is it's a genuine Renault mirror too, well happy :d

#11 ·
I can confirm 100% that the hatchback and coupe do not share the same size mirror. In the photos side by side and looking at the two mirrors physically side by side it's very hard to tell the difference. I popped into a breaker who had a hatchback mirror and asked if I could try it before I bought it as the mirror fitting is quick. The hatchback one doesn't fit. The base plastic that attaches to the door is slightly different angle. And I think visually the hatchback mirror sticks out more than the coupe mirror.

#12 ·
3D Coupe is a Renault dealer ONLY ordered part unless you can find one in a breakers! I bought a new OEM one recently which they said should fit for only £42 new (amazing price as the entire unit complete with all electronics & mirror & cover!) from EU but when it arrived I found as John said the angle is different & it will never ever fit. Does not appear to be any OEM for the 3d coupe Megane mk3.

Price new from Renault is £182 I believe right now you get the whole unit for that. Breakers are around £80 upwards! Part description & number are:

963020182R
External Mirror Passenger Side
External Mirror Driver Side

#14 ·
All below refers to a 3door coupe 2010 Megane Mk3.

Breaker part works ok its fiddly to remove the mirror bodywork cover!

Renault part number for the passenger side door mirror assembly in case anyone ever needs this is:
963020021R

You would get the cover in primer so would have to get it painted yourself or swop the old one if its ok.

Breaker cost £40 all in. Renault cost £240 + VAT + Delivery + Fitting :rolleyes: (this is an easy DIY job though).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.