Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - All going Chinese! Who makes what now?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2013
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: All going Chinese! Who makes what now?

Originally Posted by YOY View Post
I need to replce the O'S/lower balljoint on my Scenic, so was going to do just the actual balljoint which is available on it's own. It needs pressing out, which means taking the arm off the car anyway so I decided to replace the whole arm including balljoint.

Genuine Renault - bit pricey, so I looked at Delphi and Febi Bilstein thinking that they were credible manufacturers of OEM parts. Both have been bought by the Chinese and OK, it's possible that the quality is still good, but it has put me off. How do I know whether they are made any better than the stuff that gives the term 'Chinese made' a bad name?

Even Delphis quality statement simply says that their standards make them suitable for replacement parts. Not exactly OEM is it?

What do you chaps think of non Renault suspension parts? Who makes Renault parts anyway?
I'm sorry but I can't answer your query fully but I would think twice about suspension parts with made in China on like (Just through personal experience)... The Chinese are taking over the world there exports is booming
Currently in Tom*0327's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome