Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacing Scenic front grille on damaged bumper

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th March 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Replacing Scenic front grille on damaged bumper

I had an argument with some snow on Friday - well with some ice that was hidden in a snow drift and the result is my lower grille is gone and the bumper is 'squished' a see bit, it looks like its been up the way rather than pushed back.

Now, I found a front grille on eBay that night and its on route. BUT the bottom bit of the bumper is a tad squished, and some bits inside (I'm not sure what these are) are flapping about and well........I'd say close to coming off as well. I had to stop and wedge them in on the dualer to get home.

I've found instructions on how to remove the bumper and how to fit the grille (thankfully have Tiger seal already for replacing a door bump strip). But I am not sure how much of an issue these flappy parts are going to be.
I've found some pics and it seem these are attached to the bumper, and NOT to the car. When I look in the wheel arches that all seems intact, and these parts seem to back onto these.

Unfortunately getting a garage to fix this is not an option - no pennies for it, but my partner has voiced that I am driving around in a basking shark for want of a better description. If I take some pics can someone guide me on what to do?
If I wasn't 33weeks pregnant I would be attempting it myself, but my NON car savvy (doesn't drive or know about cars) Partner is going to have to attempt this!
Currently in Abzlass82's garage:
2007 Renault Scenic Dynamique 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by Abzlass82
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Replacing Scenic front grille on damaged bumper Bodywork VelSatisfied 6 4645 25th March 2013 02:35 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome