Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - seized parking brake cables on Laguna 2

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th March 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
seized parking brake cables on Laguna 2

Hi All, I'm in the process of working through this problem and just need confirmation of the situation.
I put my Laguna 2 (2005) in for the MOT and all it failed on was insufficient friction on the n/s rear wheel. I.e., the parking brake wasnt working on that side. I've researched problems with the electrical brake box and can thankfully rule out any errors there because it's actually the inner cable which has sized insdie the outer cable on the n/s.
So here's the questions;
1) Are replacement cables available and if so then how do they connect to the box?
2) If they are available do they come with rubber gaitors at the caliper end which protect the exposed cable? (from the end of the outer cable to the parking lever on the caliper).

I'm quite happy taking the automatic box off and scooshing Loosal or WD40 down the cable to try and free them from being siezed but it would be better to start with new cables.

Many thanks.

Currently in McKevvy's garage:
Renault Laguna 1.9 DCi
  5 Lastest Threads by McKevvy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
seized parking brake cables on Laguna 2 Brakes/Hubs McKevvy 0 728 25th March 2013 06:07 PM
Laguna boot light switch Electronics madnoel10 1 1299 11th February 2013 08:14 PM
Laguna 2 Headlight Automatic Levelling Electronics Paul_Taylor 6 3301 13th December 2012 06:46 PM
Laguna II Sunroof Electronics McKevvy 2 591 22nd October 2012 11:57 PM
Laguna II stereo system Interiors McKevvy 4 811 21st October 2012 12:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome