Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Parking Brake Caliper or Motor ?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th March 2013 Thread Starter
David Lowman
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Scenic Parking Brake Caliper or Motor ?

Hi Guys,
It the wifes 2004 DCi grand Scenic, so you know I am getting my ear chewed to get it fixed.

Car went for the MOT on Saturday and it failed on "liitle or no pressure on offside parking brake" . Foot barke works fine so i thougt must be the xpensive motor module. However loooking underneath while getting the Mrs to put the hand brake on and off the cable seems to be moving but the cam that the cable goes onto does not return when the cable is slack. I canforce it back and then the cable goes tight again when applied but the wheel still spins freely. Obviously I would rather buy a new caliper that the daft motor thing, but any help with a correct diagnosis would make my life easier, and we all need that.

Thanks for all the help that I know you great chaps are about to offer.
Currently in David Lowman's garage:
Grand Scenic 2004 1.9DCi & Megane 1.5Dci 2003
  5 Lastest Threads by David Lowman
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Every error message you can imagine and more Electronics David Lowman 1 566 16th November 2014 02:41 PM
Scenic 1.9DCI MAF Engines David Lowman 0 1247 3rd June 2013 11:43 AM
Scenic Parking Brake Caliper or Motor ? Brakes/Hubs David Lowman 2 1268 25th March 2013 08:45 PM
Scenic lock Aerial Location Electronics David Lowman 2 802 26th August 2012 07:38 PM
Scenic Door Entry Lock Problem Electronics David Lowman 0 823 25th August 2012 07:47 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome