Independent Renault Forums banner

Abs Light/airbag Light

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  sham 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I have Scenic 06 model 2.0 its been damaged and i have repaired it although having a problem with the abs light it wont go out, the sensor on the front wheel was out so i plugged it back in but does my ecu require a reset or when the fault is rectified will the light go out, same goes for the airbags when i replace them will the light go out automatically, please someone help!

#5 ·
warning

hi mate,going on about your abs,you have popped your sensor back in,just check the gap to the other side,and make sure its still plugged in,the opposite tothe sensor you will find what is called an exciter ring,which detects movement in your wheel,just make sure that both ,if not all are clean,if they are dirty they will give little or false readings,on the other hand also check your seatbelt couplings under your seat in most vehicles these warning devices are linked,it may be something as simple as a wire disconnected,you say your car is an 06,isnt it cover by the aa,i be,eive that if you talk to the very nice man he will reset them for you,and clear all history of the faults that are left in the memory,hope you get it sorted,sham

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.