Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electronic Handbrake - DIY Repair possible?

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 27th March 2013
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Electronic Handbrake - DIY Repair possible?

Originally Posted by stephen duncan View Post
i had the parking brake light come up on mine last week and it didnt work at all so no parking on hills for me for 2 days,was told 1.sit in car and open drivers door 2. lock doors with key card while door is still open 3 put card in slot and press start whilst pulling hand brake and pressing the button in centre of handbrake for about 5 seconds this cleard warning light and fixed the parking brake. if this dosent work after a few gose i would say is f*cked.

Just had this issue with my Scenic this evening in the freezing cold where I parked up to pick the mrs up from work.

Started engine and parking warning to check brake and it wouldn't let me pull away so was jammed on! Luckily I knew from past problems with this french piece of crap where to find the emergency release!

Got it home and did a search on here and found the above which worked first time.

So a big thanks to the poster as it's saved me some grief.

I both love and hate this forum. Love it for the useful advice as it's saved me literally thousands in the 3 or so years Ive had this car, but hate it given the fact how much information is on an independent forum about the problems this marque has!

I don't think there's another forum that has this much information on the internet!
Currently in DonnieP's garage:
2003 Scenic II 1.6 VVT Expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome