Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2002 Espace Mk III IR Cobra Alarm Settings

View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 31st March 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2002 Espace Mk III IR Cobra Alarm Settings

Originally Posted by TazzyK View Post
From memory, the control box (sensitivity control etc) is under the dash cover (upper). Not sure about the immobilisor decoder (if that is separate)
Thanks for trying to help mate. After removing more of the dash, I've finally found the immobilizer decoder box! It is directly behind the steering column about a foot above the top of the pedals! It is hard to unplug and retrieve without taking most of the dash apart but it's possible to get to it after taking the top part of dash off then removing the long thin material covered dash trim off! uncliping the unit which is positioned vertically with the two plugs underneath, then pushing the unit back while rotating it will give you access to unplug the thing! Then you can retrieve it from below, from above the pedals. As the cobra alarm IS PART of the immobilizer system (as it's connected to render the vehicle immobile when the alarm is activated, it means that if you have a problem with some part of the alarm system then it will show as an immobilizer problem. Opening up a Pandora's box of headache. I realise that I've wrote this as an answer to something you haven't asked but I hate it when people don't update when they find an answer to their questions! Again, thanks for your input.
Currently in peterspaven's garage:
Renault Espace tdi 1998
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome