Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Wheels and Tyres - Spare Wheel

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 31st March 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Espace - Wheels and Tyres - Spare Wheel

Originally Posted by lup View Post
I had a deflation in my other car before I bought the espace ( at 70 on the motorway ) it behaved very well considering but the spare was under the luggage so I had to empty the car on the hard shoulder to swap tyres. I think the espace mounting is much better. As a precaution I checked the spare on the espace and found surface rust around the bolt holes and on the back face where it mounts . A good clean with a wire brush and a dose of waxoyl was applied to keep it at bay. When i fitted it back I made sure the valve was accessable from below so the tyre pressure can be checked also the rim has drain hole to prevent water from being trapped. I don't have a hand book for it so I have no idea if there is a problem putting the wheel this way up but i haven't had any problems yet. any comments? Cheers
I do the same thing on my espace (a very old one), i.e. tyre valve pointing downwards, and at the back of my car.

As an alternative to wire brush and waxoyl, I'm part way through getting my steel wheels grit-blasted and powder coated. Has anyone else tried this? Will try to put a picture on if I can work out how.
Currently in espacephase1's garage:
1986 Renault Espace, 2007 Renault Modus
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome