Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Interiors - How to stop door seals from creaking

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th October 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic - Interiors - How to stop door seals from creaking

The noise i'm referring to come from the top of one or more doors, and is caused by the door seal (fixed to the door itself) rubbing against the painted bodywork on the door opening of the car's body.

I Came up with this fix, after hearing that Renault in Singapore are proposing to retrofit a "rubber strip" to solve the problem if it is reported:

What I did:

1) Closed all four doors
2) Got whiteboard marker pen and traced line on painted bodywork across top of each door (using the edge of the rubber door seal as a "ruler")
3) Got a piece of velcro (loop, soft side) for each door and stuck it to the inside of the door frame (on the car body itself NOT the door) just inside the line I had drawn

This results in NO MORE NOISE, and the velcro is not visible from outside the car with the doors closed. It does not affect the seal or weathertightness of the car in any way.

Please note - the pic I uploaded shows the hard "hook" side of velcro, it was all I had handy at the time and it does work - but a better fix is to use the soft "loop" side (which I have now done).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	velcro.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	119  

Last edited by kleen; 6th October 2005 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Amended picture
  5 Lastest Threads by kleen
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Why do dealers pre-register cars? Cars & motoring kleen 5 2063 30th December 2005 09:30 AM
Any Renault Techs - Gearbox ??? Transmissions yelnats 22 4194 9th December 2005 09:29 AM
Vibration from passenger side door? Interiors Andy R 9 2225 9th December 2005 09:18 AM
Renault - Scenic II - Electronics - Auto Lights... Scenic tsyrett 12 9871 28th October 2005 03:23 PM
This forum is NOT pants! General Chat Gogslad 7 1746 6th October 2005 03:46 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome