Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2004 Scenic Dashboard Warning 'Braking Fault'

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 3rd April 2013
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
When you say its been "checked" I bet its been code read by some monkey with no idea and a Snap-On Solus.

Firstly, take it to someone that has the proper equipment and more importantly the experience with these vehicles. I'd recommend you use someone with CLIP facilities (dealer level equipment) rather than generic kit.

The "braking fault" is the generic message to be displayed when ever theres an issue detected on the braking system and just because your cinventional brakes are working when you press the pedal doesn't mean that all is well. It sounds to me like an ABS fault as it only manifests at high-ish speeds (so possibly a wheel speed sensor, the physical "target" the sensor looks at or an implausible signal being generated).

This measage will have generated some context data and a qualified person with the correct equipment will know how best to proceed with correctly diagnosing the problem so honestly, best advice here... seek out someone based on ability not price (ie the cheapest). If you're near Nottingham I'd offer to take a look but last time I offered to help someone and named our company I got told off for advertising.

Currently in mickpm's garage:
1992 BTCC 19 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome