Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus Problem

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 24th October 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by vass20 View Post
It is not for the dealer to say there is no fault. But he can say that he hasn't been able to replicate it.
It is not unusual, for intermittent faults to disappear when you take your car to the mechmaniacs'... sod's law isn't it.

You can test your speedo accuracy against your satnav if you have one. Bear in mind that speedos are always slightly inaccurate especially if you have worn tyres or changed wheel diameter.

Technically they said they could not replicate it, but that is code for you are lying. Regarding the speedo, the tyres are nowhere near bald, and I am not talking about inaccurracy as is +-10%, rather the speedo jumping from 0 to 24 when using the brake, shouldnt it atleast jump from 24 to 0 in that case. And yes I made sure I didnt accidently catch the Accelerator.

Finally they agreed to randomly dissemble the car on friday to fix the indicator problem. I dont want them to, more harm than good, but feel that if I cancel the appointment they will think I have been making the whole thing up
Currently in mattclarkie's garage:
2005 Renault Modus Dynamique 1.6 Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome