Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio 2006 - Spare Wheel

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 11th April 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Clio 2006 - Spare Wheel

Hi juelcontrol

I have just read this old post from up above. I so agree with CatherineDM!! I have had a "practice run" to remove and replace the spare, for if and when the day should so arrive (LOL!!), but what a nightmare, yes....!!

Juelcontrol: you speak of the ratchet sound: I could not hear it while trying to raise the spare back into its storage position. Eventually, I raised the spare with my trolley jack into its position, and fixed into place this way. But of course, when the real thing happens, I will not have the luxury of the jack. I would think I'll just dump it into the boot and do this when I get home. That's my plan, anyways.

I will try to listen for the ratchet sound next time. Do I have to retract the cable at a particular angle to hear it?

Thanks and all the best.

Originally Posted by juelcontrol View Post
i have the answer to this.................
Originally Posted by juelcontrol View Post
when you pull up on the cable - listen out for the ratchet sound - this is taking up the slack - its a non-return rasp and will hold the wheel whilst you continue to tighten plastic nut etc.
Currently in reevo's garage:
L-reg Volvo 850 SE Auto 42k miles on the clock (serviced by me and immaculate!)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome