Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MOT Brake Results

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 12th April 2013 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: MOT Brake Results

Originally Posted by Renoir White View Post
Oh dear Kelly .. seems you are a bit unlucky with your cars

When I have watched my cars being MOT'd before, with the handbrake, the tester used the rolling road to get a reading on each wheel individually with the lever pulled up (to check operation to each roadwheel) and then tested again to obtain an overall efficiency figure with both wheels braked together.

Incidentally, mathematical signs > means greater than < means less than
(an easy way to remember is <ess the < being like a slanted L ).

When you say dud MOT do you mean the tester didnt inspect the car properly ?
I know! I didn't expect it to be another clio situation
Thank you- I'm awful with maths I think what's happened is the test garage and the sale garage are two seperate people so the test garage has printed out a failure as guidance for the sale garage to repair but attached a pass to it at the same time. The sale garage obviously haven't repaired it! But I know the MOT shouldn't be valid- the problems (as anything but a mechanically minded girl) I know of are: horn not working, back wiper not working, brakes not effective, front light not working, and an INCH (literally) play in the steering. I literally took it to my garage and he took the keys and told me I couldn't have it back because it could kill me
Currently in KellyWellyWoo's garage:
Renault Clio 2009 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome