Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2010 Laguna 2.0 Dynamique tomtom

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2013
Colin :)
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 6 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: 2010 Laguna 2.0 Dynamique tomtom

hello Mark and welcome to the forum

the 2.0 dci engine doesn't have a cambelt, its a chain

when i bought my 2.0dci it was 3 years old and had done 125,000 miles, had full service history and still drove like brand new

looking at the history, the chain was examined at 110,000 mile in accordance to the schedule, and the auxiliary belt changed at the same time

I have now had it for 3 years and it has never let me down, and only cost me normal servicing costs, though i do include front ball joints in that, they do seem to go on Laguna's but if thats the worst of it, i can live with that

3 years on, still a great car, ive changed the oil no later than 6,000 mile and is still as nice and smooth to drive as the day i got it

So as long as the car you want to buy has full service history, the 2.0 dci engine is superb and pertty much bulletproof and have to say, great value for money, i paid 3,400 for mine 3 years ago, the best value car ive ever had

mine has just sailed its MOT again, 2 advisories, a nail in a tyre, and rear wiper split

was going to change it this year, but its been such a great car, im going to keep it for a while longer, still drives great, and looks even better
Currently in Colin :)'s garage:
2013 Vauxhall Astra 2.0cdti SRi Nav & 2014 Toyota Yaris 1.33 VVI Nav
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colin :) For This Useful Post:
hondo (15th April 2013), IT66 (16th April 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome