Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - electric canvas roof 2001 megane not working

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: electric canvas roof 2001 megane not working

hi thanks for the reply, have check the fuse and the switch and both seam fine i was rooting around and found the pump which powers the roof in the boot and the large plug with the red and black wires was un plugged i plugged this in and now with the engine running its not possible to to move the hood or the hood cover, i guess this means the system is pressurising up with no issues, soon as the engine is turned off the roof and roof cover can be moved manually again. i had included a pic of the pump as there seams to be a loose wire which i arnt sure if it needs to be connected and a pic of the lock mechanism under the roof cover which appears to have a plug with nothing in it. I also noticed that the roof cover is never actually locked i can lift the scissor shaped lock mechanism up and down with my hand without resistance when this happens there is a beep from the pump area in the boot. Any ideas what my next step should be? i also dont have a manual so would appricate someone telling me the correct sequence for raising and lowering the roof.

Currently in fairlo's garage:
2000 scienic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome