Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - MOT Brake Results

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 15th April 2013 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: MOT Brake Results

Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
I haven't tested for a few years now as I said,but when I did we had a brake tester that gave a print out and then we had to manually input the information into the VOSA computer and from there it decided whether it was a pass or fail.By now some brake testers may be feeding info directly to the VOSA system or the input method my be different.

If the test was in January then VOSA probably couldn't do anything about the test results unless it was for corrosion which has a 3 month liability period,but I would definitely still contact them.They may choose to do an on the spot inspection in one of the stations just to see exactly what is going on.They may appear to do nothing in respect to your complaint,but they will act in one way or another as each time a stations competency is called into question it could point to a problem.They run a traffic light system,where green stations are operating satisfactorily,amber are ones that need closer scrutiny and red ones need to be acted upon to be able to keep their test license.

Personally before going any further I'd contact VOSA,and from there you can decide a course of action.
Thank you, I'm not explaining it well but it had 2 previous failures (Jan and March) and a pass 3 weeks ago. I've just had the results in from my garage and they're shocking. The whole underside was covered in bright orange rust and worn right through, one brake cable was split, I don't know where they are in the car other than near the wheel but one 'boomerang' (as it looks like to me!) didn't have a bush in at all and was going a funny way when braking, all bearings were knackered and all bushes had excessive play-you could just pull them everywhere. My garage told me it's a wonder I didn't crash or have the car split on me. All sorted now thank goodness but it's terrified me and made me never want to own a car again!
Currently in KellyWellyWoo's garage:
Renault Clio 2009 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome