Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 - Steering wheel shudder under braking

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th April 2013 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Laguna 2 - Steering wheel shudder under braking

Good day,

I have a 2006 Laguna 2 2.0T A/T and have been experiencing recurring issues of steering shudder under braking, especially from high speeds. I have recently (circa 1000 miles ago) had the front disc and pads replaced by renault themselves.

All was well until last week when the shudder returned. I have had the wheel aligmnment and balancing done last weekend. It can't be the tyres as I had them replaced the same time the brake discs and pads were replaced.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I cannot see any obvious caliper problems, CV's are fine, CV boots are fine, car is accident free (bought from new). I will obviously be taking it back to Renault to resolve seeing as though the job they did was so recent, but need some advice on what questions to ask before they start racking up the bill through process of elimination.

Many thanks
Currently in robpenson's garage:
2006 Renault Laguna II 2.0T Dynamique Auto
  5 Lastest Threads by robpenson
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2 - Steering wheel shudder under braking Brakes/Hubs Dazza75 1 999 16th April 2013 08:12 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome