Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Boot Lock Button Fix

View Single Post
post #141 of (permalink) Old 17th April 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic 1 - Boot Lock Button Fix

I have an 02 Renault Megane Coupe. A colleague brought my attention to this issue last year, and this weekend I got back to my car to see my boot button hanging out, so I knew what the problem was. Fortunately, because the car was parked, I was able to retrieve the button and the (now split) small rubber o ring that keeps the button in place.

Using a 10mm socket, remove the lock assembly. There is a long bar that releases the catch at the bottom of the boot. Take the assembly carefully from the bar release mechanism.

Because the rubber o ring is slightly square through its section, you can use a thin bit of copper wire to wrap around it and keep it in place. I used a single strand of copper from a piece of computer networking cable - the solid type, not the stranded type, but anything thin and strong enough will do the job.

The hardest bit was keeping the button pushed in whilst I fiddled with the wire / o ring. In the end I used a cocktail stick to jam it in.

All done in 10 mins

[Pic attached]
Attached Images
File Type: bmp oring.bmp (44.4 KB, 42 views)
Currently in ukskydiver's garage:
Renault Magane Coupe
The Following User Says Thank You to ukskydiver For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (17th April 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome