Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scraper Moulding (Strip) for back driver's side door on a Scenic 1 Ph 2

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 19th April 2013 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Scraper Moulding (Strip) for back driver's side door on a Scenic 1 Ph 2

Originally Posted by karenlouise1967 View Post
The strip that goes across the top of the door at the bottom of the window is missing. Called a scraper moulding (I think that's what the parts guy at my local dealership said it was). They cannot supply just the scraper moulding unless I buy the window rubber (and presumably the triangular bit which says 'Megane' on it) and the price quoted was 105. I assume they would want to fit it as well, so it is actually more than that. I was pointed towards scrapyards (no time to go trawling there unfortunately) or eBay .

1. How easy is it to fit just the scraper moulding myself?
2. Does anyone know of sources for this part, other than the ones mentioned above?

They've said it makes no difference whether it is fitted or not, but it just looks a mess without it, imho

Any help appreciated

karen xx
Tried looking for just the scraper moulding, no luck anywhere, so have had to give up and let the dealership rip me off for nearly 105

Question, again, though, how easy is it to fit just the scraper moulding, or do I really have to replace the window rubber as well?

karen xx
Currently in karenlouise1967's garage:
Scenic 1.9 dCi Privilege, before that a heap of rubbish aka Scenic 2.0 RXE now finally moved from neighbour's drive by the recyclers, before that a much loved Megane 1 Coupe 2.0 (RIP)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome