Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane - rear door won't open!

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 21st April 2013
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Megane - rear door won't open!

I've just had the same problem with my Mk 1 Megane. If the child lock is set then you may be able to move the lever by sliding something flexible past the door seal in the area of the child switch, it worked for me using a piece cut from a plastic milk container. this done, hopefully the door will now open from inside. The interior door panel is not difficult to remove after the adhesive mastic has been cut through, this goes all the way along the bottom of the panel and almost up to the top on both sides. The door is opened via a cable from the interior handle and on mine worked fine; the exterior handle, however, is connected via a silly little plastic pin about 1cm long which in my case had lost part of its end and therefore been allowed to pull out. Having fiddled about trying to reinsert it, it repeatedly came out again. I replaced it with a small metal bolt ... seems fine now ... what a stupid little item to cause so much trouble!
Currently in LM's garage:
2001 megane 1.4 expression
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome