Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scraper Moulding (Strip) for back driver's side door on a Scenic 1 Ph 2

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 22nd April 2013 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Smile Re: Scraper Moulding (Strip) for back driver's side door on a Scenic 1 Ph 2

Thanks to all for the replies. While I was waiting for the guy to give me a quote for taking out the scratch detailed elsewhere, I thought I'd have a go. A bit of a wrestling match to get the moulding over the lip of the door (being careful not to distort the metal strip inside the moulding (as warned by the parts bod at the dealership)). Then you need to align the moulding over the two tabs and push down. The hole where it looks like a tab is is missing is for an L shaped plastic 'peg' (I managed to get that in, after fitting the moulding over the lip and the tabs, by bending that section towards me (there is enough flexibility to do this) so the peg would go into the hole properly. Less than 5 minutes to do. I did it, and I'm only a girl, lol!

Karen xx
Currently in karenlouise1967's garage:
Scenic 1.9 dCi Privilege, before that a heap of rubbish aka Scenic 2.0 RXE now finally moved from neighbour's drive by the recyclers, before that a much loved Megane 1 Coupe 2.0 (RIP)

Last edited by karenlouise1967; 22nd April 2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: wrong word, d'oh
The Following User Says Thank You to karenlouise1967 For This Useful Post:
VelSatisfied (22nd April 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome