Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Anti roll bar bushes...?

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 22nd April 2013
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to wizzkid36 Send a message via Skype™ to wizzkid36
Re: Anti roll bar bushes...?

Originally Posted by lancs dave View Post
You don't have bushes at the outer end like some cars. The outer ends connect to the drop links.
Like you say, there are still inner ones.

If you disconnect both drop links from the antiroll bar, you'll get a better idea of how tight or loose the inner bushes are gripping the bar.
If the bar stays put when you let go of it or you physically have to push to move it, the bushes are probably not worn. Give the bar a waggle close to each bush just in case only one of them is worn.
If the bushes creak/groan when the bar is moved, try some silicon spray on then to shut them up.

Depending on the risk of component fouling, you could road test the car with the drop links removed completely. Only do that if you can reproduce the fault at very low speeds and preferably not on a public road.
Interesting, I have this creaking sound to, how difficult is it to actually visably get to the bushes to spray them?
I was looking in the Haynes Manuel and it says the front subframe has to be dropped by 20cm to change the bushes, but can you actually get to them and lubricate without having to go to such lengths?

Already had 2 x coil springs, 2 x new shock absorbers, 2 x top mounts and bearing (but not change rubber cups) and i am getting this blasted creaking sound noticeable at low speeds either going straight or turning (makes no difference) If im out of the car and gently rock the front end, you can hear it. Dam I so wish i could get this issue resolved

Also I changed the Anti-roll bar drop links, so this is why I think it could be the Anti-roll bar bushes.
Also had new track rod end and tracking done and a new M.O.T

Any help would be very welcome.....
Currently in wizzkid36's garage:
Renault Laguna Initiale 2.0 16v F4R (2004) Almond green
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome