Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hands Free card entry

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 25th October 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Mine was like this when I first got it. You need to get 'selective unlocking' disabled by the dealer.

The biggest hurdle is finding a dealer who'll actually agree that it can be done. The second hurdle is getting them to do it for free. The cars should have been shipped with selective unlocking disabled, so you're really just asking them to fix a fault.

Be aware that once you have this done, one of the side-effects is that a single press of the unlock button of the keycard will unlock all doors. You effectively lose the anti-carjacking feature of being unable to unlock just the driver's door if you need to. The upside is that any of the door sensors will now unlock the whole car.

With selective unlocking disabled, pressing the boot button unlocks the car too, but I find that sometimes it sets the alarm off. It seems to be best to unlock the car by putting your hand behind (but not pulling) one of the rear door handles before opening the boot.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome